Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 Cable Repairs

The end of the project seems distantly in sight. The only remaining pieces of the puzzle are first, the cables that were cut by the EMT’s need to be replaced, and second, the carriage tubing needs to be fabricated. Then the carriage will be able to be assembled, which, with the assembly manuals I now have, although probably not simple, at least relatively straight-forward. I e-mailed my old friend, Steve Gund, who had been with me when I had first experimented with the Jetwing back in September, and also when I crunched it. I asked him to come up for a week-end some time within the next couple of weeks and help me assemble the Jetwing. He responded saying he wanted to do that, but we just had to get the schedule worked out.
Yesterday we went to the Burnsville area for another purpose, so I took advantage of the trip to take the carriage cables to Aero Assemblies, who do cable fabrication. They seemed willing to do the job, so I left them there to accomplish the task. I still had the wing cables because I had decided to splice them myself rather than have them done right now. I don’t intend to fly the Jetwing with the spliced cables—just use them to check out the wing. With that task done, I am ready to go up and finish the wing. My goal is to use the spliced cables so I could complete the wing project and do the inspection.

No comments:

Post a Comment