Saturday, March 10, 2012

Saturday, March 10, 2012 Is Spring Finally Coming?!?

It is now more than four months since my trip last November to Sioux Falls and abortive attempt with the help of Larry Miller to fly the Jetwing. Nothing much has happened since winter came to Minnesota, and, although a relatively mild winter, the temps and precipitation have proved too cold and wet to try to fly, to no one’s surprise.
But this morning for the first time this year, we awoke to the sound of birds singing, which usually in Minnesota is the harbinger of spring and we were excited.
I have made a decision that I hope will speed up the process of getting the Jetwing flying. Awhile ago I ordered a trailer hitch for the Camry so that as soon as possible I can move the Jetwing from the hanger at Crystal Airport to our garage here in St. Bonifacius. I have organized the garage to accommodate the trailer alongside the car and I think it will work well. So today I installed the hitch on the car, including the lighting system, and all seems to work well.
A couple of months ago I went to the airport to work on a couple of final minor items with the Jetwing and found to my surprise that our combination lock on the hanger door had been cut off and replaced with a different and strange lock along with a letter that was taped to the man-door. The letter was addressed to son John informing him that they had not received a signed renewal to the lease and until they received it, we would not have access to the hanger that contains his 172 and my Jetwing. So I called the Metro Airports Commission and clarified what would have to be done to gain access. So after resolving that minor inconvenience I can bring the Jetwing to our garage. So we’ll see what happens, hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment