Wednesday, February 24, 2010

February 24, 2010 Replacing the Control Bar

Wednesday. I figured out the dimensions for the control bar pieces. It is a triangle, two downtubes and a crosspiece. The downtubes attached to the wing keel by an “A”-shaped bracket. There are two connectors on the bottom of the downtubes that connect to the crosspiece. All pieces are 1 1/8” outer sleeve and 1” inner sleeve. I decided to make the replacement of the control bar my first foray into the actual rebuilding project. I ordered the tubing from Online Metals in North Minneapolis and a few days later went down there and picked up the tubing. This part of the project worked very well.

After taking the material home, I found that the inner tubes fit nicely inside the outer tubes. The only thing left to do was to have the holes drilled in the ends of the downtubes where they attach to the “A” bracket and the crosspiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment