Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 Carriage Parts Complete

It’s been a long couple of weeks. Since before the July 4th weekend, I had taken the tubing and instruction sheet to Victoria Repair so they could fabricate the carriage parts. There had been a number of delays due to the guys being gone during the holidays and their not understanding the instruction sheet, but finally today and several visits, the parts are ready. I will take them up to the airport on Saturday and begin the actual reconstruction of the Jetwing carriage.
Meanwhile, last Tuesday, I flew with Don in his Airborne for 1.8 hours. I felt more in control than ever before, from initial take-off to final full-stop landing, and the T&G’s in between. Don complimented me on my increased skills, and agreed that I need to fly with more regularity. Don’t know if he’ll sign me off for solo in 10 hours, but I’ll give it my best effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment