Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Friday, March 19, 2010 Check on Status at the Machine Shop

On Friday I scheduled our Camry to have its cracked windshield replaced, which had been sorely needed for several years. After retrieving it from the shop, I decided to make a visit to the machine shop to see what the status was with the control bar holes and other stuff, since I have not heard anything from the shop owner as he had promised.

It was with some disappointment that when I walked in, the control bar tubes I had taken there were still stacked in the same corner as when I had left them two weeks ago. The shop owner apologized and said he had some higher priority work that prevented his getting to my project, but said he would for sure get to it soon. I gave him the nose-wheel bracket and asked if he could fix the broken parts, which he said he probably could. There were a couple of other pieces that needed straightening or other minor things. I described the bent spars and asked him his opinion about if they could be straightened, and he said he thought that could be done without weakening those pieces.

It’s Friday night, and I have received a surprise e-mail from Dave Engle. He apologized for being off-line for so long and said he was going to try to get the Owners Manual in shape so he could send it to me as an e-mail attachment. He would try to get it to me over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment