Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 Back to the Machine Shop

I went back to the machine shop and this time he had actually drilled the holes for the control bar. But he also said that he couldn’t straighten the spars. He said he wouldn’t charge me for the drilling, and we both agreed it would be best to take everything and go somewhere else. It was an amicable parting, but I am disappointed because it seemed like an ideal arrangement. I think he was a little concerned about his own liability dealing with working on an aircraft.

Now what? I decided to e-mail one of the guys I had become acquainted with trying to locate tubing materials. Thor Smith at Eagle Mouldings had been helpful before and since his website said his shop could (among other things) do bending of aluminum tubing, they should be able to do straightening, also. But alas, he e-mailed me back that they couldn’t do that, but did recommend another company in St. Paul who might be able to help. Their name was Linders Specialty.

No comments:

Post a Comment