Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday, June 19, 2010 Finish the Wing


Today started out with blustery winds but the temperature was very comfortable. I headed for the airport with hopeful intent to get the wing fully inflated to check out all the fixes. With the help of Larry Miller’s pictures, I bolted up the kingpost to its attach point on the keel and the tensioning bracket. My attention now turned to the control bar and cables. I attached the front and back control bar cables and assembled the control bar, attached the front cable to the nose, and set the wing on the control bar. Looking good! I spread the wing and tensioned it. After a couple of false starts due to some tangling of the kingpost cables, and trying to figure out how the top loop stayed at the top of the kingpost, the wing finally fully inflated. Because of the wind gusts, the wing wanted to fly and I had to hold it down on the ground. I attached the wing cables to the control bar and during a short decrease of the wind, walked around and took some pictures. As I head for home, I’m physically exhausted but very gratified.

No comments:

Post a Comment