Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday, October 31st Drive to Sioux Falls

Sandra was already in Litchfield, so I was on my own. One thing that I had not considered was that our dog, Maizie, would have to come with me, since Sandra couldn’t take her. It wouldn’t be a big problem if she didn’t overreact to being alone for long periods of time while I was flying with Larry.

Again, after stopping several times to check the tiedowns, the trailer and JW travelled well, and about noon I was at Luverne Airport where I was to meet Larry, who has his hanger there. Larry was there as agreed. The wind was brisk and gusty and we knew we wouldn’t be flying on Monday at all. We spent the entire afternoon working on various little things on the JW, running the engine, etc. Larry was satisfied that the JW was in flyable shape, so we were both looking forward to flying it the next day.

Larry invited me to stay at his house Monday night, and I agreed. He and Cindy are wonderful Christian folks and their hospitality extended to me and Maizie was humbling. Fortunately they are “dog people” and enjoyed having Maizie there with their two dogs, Albert and Fred.

No comments:

Post a Comment