Thursday, October 27, 2011

October 27, 2011 Prepare for a Trip to Sioux Falls

I have had several discussions with Larry Miller about possibly taking the Jetwing down there to have him check It out and even test-fly it. Our discussions resulted in tentatively scheduling the trip for October 31st, Monday and Tuesday. For the trip to happen, I heed to find something to tow the trailer and all the tie-downs and associated stuff.

I talked to John about borrowing his pickup, which he was happy to do except that he needs a vehicle to drive because he has a number of meetings to attend. If I left the car for him to drive, Sandra would not have a vehicle, since we have only one car now. So I told Larry it wouldn’t work out as scheduled.

Then something happened that was downright providential. Judy Nelson invited Sandra to spend a couple of days with her for that exact time, so since she wouldn’t need the car, I could swap with John as originally planned.

So I headed for the airport to begin preparations for the trip. I packed up the wing into the wing bag, ensured that I had everything prepared, put the JW mast down for transportation, etc. I also had to make sure the truck had the correct adapter for my trailer lights and the correct sized ball on the hitch. I checked with John to see what the lights socket looked like, found what I needed at a auto parts store, so it looks like the truck is set for action. I also bought some ratchet tie-downs for the JW.

No comments:

Post a Comment