Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday, October 30th Bring the JW Down


After church I picked up the truck and drove to the airport. Everything seemed to work well. The lights worked perfectly, the ball that John had was the correct size (2”). I rolled the trailer out of the hanger, tilted it up and put a 2x4 under the tongue to keep it tilted and rolled the JW up onto the trailer. It wasn’t easy, but wasn’t too difficult, either. I tied it down securely, attached the trailer to the truck, and checked everything out. It looked good, so I gingerly headed for home.

All went well; I stopped twice to make sure the tie-downs were still secure, and after adjusting them a couple of times, made it home without incident. After getting home, I backed the trailer partially into the garage, detached it and rolled it into the garage and closed the door. The truck was parked facing the street in the driveway. Looked good. I was ready to depart for Sioux Falls in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment